If you're planning a move this season, you know there are a myriad of expenses, everything from utility deposits to dog sitting while you look for housing in another city. One of the things you might be tempted to skimp on, but shouldn't, is hiring your moving company to pack up your belongings before they load them in the van and transfer them to your new residence. Having a professional pack your possessions will not only save you time, but can actually save you money in the long run.
Advantages to professional packing
1. Saving time. The chief advantage to hiring professional packers is that it saves you a lot of time and effort. If you haven't moved in a few years, you may have forgotten just how time-consuming packing for a move can be. In addition, if you work and make more money per hour than you will be paying the packers, it should be an easy decision to stay at your job and let the professionals pack for you. Since it's their speciality, it's also probable that they will pack your things in less time than it would take you to do it.
2. Packing more securely. Professional packers have the supplies and the experience to pack your possessions well, so they are less likely to be damaged in the move. They are using new, sturdy boxes, not old beer boxes they begged from the corner bar.
3. Insurance. Most moving companies exclude from their insurance any boxes that you packed yourself. After all, they don't know how carefully you wrapped the items. However, when you have the professionals pack your belongings, everything is insured and you'll get money to replace anything that's damaged in the move.
4. Less loading time. When your boxes are all uniform and professionally packed, they will likely take less time to load into the moving van. Less loading time means that you'll pay less in labor costs for your move.
5. Saving on supplies. When you have your possessions professionally packed, you'll get a discount on boxes, tape, bubble wrap and other supplies, compared to buying the same items to use yourself.
While hiring professional packers (like Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving Company) may not be the right decision for everyone planning a move, such a decision can save you time, help protect your belongings and even save you money by allowing you to stay at your job instead of spending time packing.